Is Running River the right choice for your child?
Running River is a selective school, which means not all who apply are accepted. We will spend time talking to you to find out what you most want for your child’s education, and both discussing, and having you experience through a visit, what our school provides for children and families. Only children who we believe will benefit from our program and blend with our other students and our school’s approach to education will be invited to attend. Running River School does not accept students on a first come basis, however, the earlier an application is submitted the greater the likelihood the application will be considered.
APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED IN EARLY AUGUST FOR THE NEXT YEAR
You can apply all year for the following year, and we do accept students during the school year (for that very year) if we have space in the appropriate classroom. Applicants not offered enrollment will be in our Wait Pool and considered when additional spaces are available. The Wait Pool is for the upcoming school year only after which we encourage applicants to reapply for the following school year. In this case the application fee will be waived.
ATTEND AN OPEN HOUSE AND/OR SCHEDULE A VISIT
We’re proud of Running River School and we’d love to show you our program! We hold open houses from the fall into early spring, which we highly recommend. You will meet the staff and some parents and have time to ask questions and find out how we bring our philosophy to life. Two pre-enrollment visits are recommended. First is a parent/guardian session to acquaint you with the program, our quality standards and to learn about your outlook for your child. Next comes your child’s visit which will take place during school hours for his or her grade level. The length of visit is determined by the grade level of the applicant.
CALL OUR OFFICE 303-499-2059
SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Applicant Information: An application is submitted for each child applying.
- Family Information: The Family Information form helps faculty understand the applicant’s home learning environment.
- Confidential Teacher Feedback Form: Completed by each child’s current teacher, except applicants who have not previously attended school.
- $50 Application Fee: Please submit with application materials or after school visits.
ADMISSIONS TEAM REVIEW
Upon completion of the parent/guardian and prospective student tours, our Admissions Team will complete its assessment and make its recommendation. A number of factors are considered in applicant admissions decisions. Some of these include: appropriate fit for Running River, siblings of returning students or alumni, applicants of diversity and gender balance within classrooms. Running River welcomes children with learning differences and special needs as long as we are able to provide a successful environment for that child’s needs and for the rest of the students in the class.
enrollement and tuition
The admissions process is not complete – and a space will not be held for the applying student – until all forms have been completed and tuition payment arrangements have been made. Running River is an IRS recognized non-profit 501(c)3 corporation.
- If enrollment is offered, a non-refundable tuition deposit of $1492 (one month’s tuition) is required for grades K-8.
- Annual tuition for K-8 is $13,428 is paid in nine monthly payments of $1492. There is an additional $375 fee per child, per academic year for school supplies and field trips, due on or before the first day of school. Middle School will have additional fees for overnight trips.
- Financial aid in the form of partial scholarships may be available and will be discussed with the School Director as appropriate.
Forms to complete every year before early August
BECOME AN INVOLVED PARENT
Running River parents and guardians are just as special as our students. Running River is a community of staff, parents and children, all contributing and working together to create an incredible education for all. We sincerely look forward to working with parents to help your child grow to attain their full potential.